Saturday, November 8, 2008

Wine Glass Name Tags Demo

My good pal, D, is part of a wine tasting group. This group meets regularly with the hosting of each meeting/dinner party rotated through the group. When it was D's turn to host, she and I had a little visit and came up with these tags so everybody could have fun tasting without fear of swapping cooties. :)


the supplies: embroidery floss, 1/8" hole punch, scissors, 1 1/2" scallop punch, 4 x 6 chartreuse card stock (really any size card stock would work, I only had this size in the color we wanted to use.)


On the computer I set up a layout with 1 1/2" circles (that didn't print) on my size paper and then centered each name in the circle. If you printed the names out on 8.5 x 11, you could just sprinkle the names about with a bit of space between them.


I centered each name in the 1 1/2" scallop punch area.



I punched each tag with a 1/8" hole punch.



Measured about 6" of embroidery floss.


Folded floss in half, threaded through the hole, put ends through loop and pulled.



Tied around the base of the wine glass and trimmed ends.



I also created menus (her last name begins with P) that she slipped into these napkin holders from IKEA that have a little slit at the top to hold such a thing. That tall brown item behind the menu is a wine bottle wrapped up in craft paper (so know one knows what they are tasting). I made a bunch of numbered labels, one for each wine bottle.

A cootie-free good time was had by all!

No comments: