Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A Crafty Rainy Saturday Afternoon

Last Saturday it rained all day which made for the perfect day of staying inside and doing a little crafting. I decided to try something I suggest in my pdf template listings in my etsy shop with the envelope seals, which is "take some string and make a garland". Here is the process and the results...


My supplies: Scissors, ribbon/string and a sheet of printed labels.




I pulled some ribbon out, placed a sticker face down, put the ribbon in the center and then placed a second sticker on top of the first.




I used the side of the label sheet as my "ruler" to space the stickers along the ribbon, so they ended up about 11" apart.




I tried several ribbon styles. Here's one I think looks very un-lovely. It's just too wide.




Then I tacked a couple of push pins in the wall and tied the ends of the ribbon to them, used some petite clothes pins (double stick tape would work too) to hang the cards and, volia, a holiday card display. It being the beginning of November, I haven't actually received any holiday cards, but you get the idea.




Here's the garland created using string instead of ribbon. The idea is to use it as decoration around a Christmas tree. Again, this being the beginning of November, I don't actually have a Christmas tree yet, but you get the idea on this boxwood who was kind enough to model.




Tried it on a gift too. I rather like it.



I think it would be fun to do several rows hanging straight down in a doorway. (Think beads from the 60's style.)

Well, that was my rainy Saturday afternoon.

Feel free to leave a comment and share ideas.

No comments: